Thursday, February 21, 2013

Miami Nightlife: The Untold Story

Miami's EDM Scene


Bonjour Miami! Or as my Cuban Father would say, Que Bola?! As promised, on the last article I wrote I said I’d talk about Miami’s EDM scene but I did you one better. This week I interviewed an up-and-coming Icon in the Miami Scene known better as “Lemony” From the “Miami Beat Wave”. Here’s what he had to say!

                            


Dj Alain:
Hey Billy! Or should I say Lemony from Miami Beat Wave!! How’s your day going?
Lemony:
Lol, it's going quite well. Just eating some Arebetters.

Dj Alain:
Sounds good! So the reason why I have been trying to get in contact with you was to ask about your opinion on the EDM scene here in Miami. How would you describe it?
Lemony:
Powerful. My opinion on it, is the genre itself is very inspiring in many ways. Not only do EDM festivals bring so many positive people together, but it also changes lives. I've seen friends from high school who were hard core gang bangers grow up to be hard core ravers who wouldn't harm a soul now days. I feel like we all have very powerful voices in the EDM community and in Miami especially instead of working against each other, we should all wok with each other to express the power of our scene. The issue is so many competitions all over Miami. EDM use to be earned, you use to have to follow maps, and clues to get to a rave.. Now a days it seems as if you can walk outside your house, and there will be a rave on your front lawn lol. But the entire scene down here is great, I just wish we could all work together.

Dj Alain:
How long have you been "djing" in the Miami Club scene?
Lemony:
Well, I've been DJ'ing for coming on 3 years, but prior to DJ'ing I was an extremely hard working promoter in the club/rave scene. Mostly for underground raves.
Dj Alain:
Do you see yourself someday in the ranks of other great DJ's in the EDM scene such as Tiesto, Deadmau5, etc.
Lemony:
I've worked hard for everything I accomplished, and to be where I am today. I'm not famous, or internationally known.. Far from it.. But... I am a strong believer in following your dreams, and I will continue to do what I love, and that is to make music, and mix records. If it happens, it happens.. Everything happens for a reason. One thing's for sure.. I'll never stop doing what I love.. Till death do us part

Dj Alain:
Where could the people reading this if they wanted to party find you out during the week? Any places where you will always be at?
Lemony:
I hold bi weekly and weekly residencies at Club Cinema, The Vagabond, and Mekka. Other than that you just have to follow me on Facebook to get my up to date events. I'm constantly getting booked for one time special events. Follow me on Facebook at Facebook.com/lemonysnicks

Dj Alain:
Anything you want to say to the readers before we wrap this up?
Lemony:
We do this for you guys Miami, and if it weren't for you all we would be nothing. We will continue to support our city to the fullest, no matter where life takes us! -MiamiBeatWave

And there you have it Miami! An insight into the EDM scene in Miami by a local DJ and Producer!
On the next Article I will be reviewing a Miami party in which I’ve been apart of for almost two years, Fashionista Fridays at Mekka Miami! Till next time

Stay Class Miami!